Total Time: 60 mins.
Prep Time: 20 mins.
Cook Time: 40 mins.
Serves: 8 to 12
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup Spectrum Organic Canola Oil
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 3 large egg whites (or flax meal)
- 1/4 cup Dream Blends Coconut and Almond Original Unsweetened
- 1 tbsp Spectrum Organic Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly oil and flour a 9″ Springform Pan, tapping out the excess flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, cinnamon, ground ginger and salt.
- In a food processor, combine the canola oil, applesauce, egg whites, coconut and almond milk, vinegar and vanilla until well combined, Add the mixture to the dry ingredients and stir in the carrots and walnuts until evenly incorporated.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes, then frost and enjoy!